The internet can be great – it helps us learn, stay in touch with our friends and family, and have fun. It’s easy to forget that there’s a serious side to the internet that nobody should ignore. It can be particularly hard to communicate to children what they need to do to stay safe online when they think it’s all fun and games!
We’ve condensed all the safety information and advice out there into 10 simple tips to discuss with your kids (and can be useful for you, too!) so you can all stay safe online all day.
Here are our top ten tips to make your little one a Telitec Stay Safe Super Hero:
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online people can see it and can download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
- Never give out your passwords
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or guardian about people suggesting you do
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
- As a Telitec Stay Safe Super Hero, protect you & your Family with suitable security software such as Telitec Shield.