By reserving a place, you’re doing much more than buying someone Christmas dinner. Your donation can cover the cost of:
- Health checks and treatment from a range of healthcare professionals including, doctors, dentists, opticians, physios and podiatrists
- Advice on housing, employment and benefits
- A way out of homelessness for good through Crisis’ year-round training, education and support.
- Three nutritious, hot meals daily, including a delicious Christmas dinner
- A bed for the night, if needed
- A chance to shower, freshen up and get clean clothes
- A warm welcome and good company
We hope that Christmas will be the first step of their journey with us and, thanks to your support, this will be their last Christmas experiencing homelessness.
Thanks to you, people who visit our Christmas centres get a wonderful experience, and some welcome respite from the reality of homelessness. However, we don’t simply close the doors and look forward to seeing them again next year. Crisis at Christmas is a special period, but it’s what happens the other 51 weeks of the year that will determine someone’s journey out of homelessness.
We hope that every single person who visits us at Christmas will use this as an opportunity to get involved with our year-round work. We’ve got centres across the country offering all kinds of support from education and qualifications, to mental health and wellbeing. These are the services that change people’s lives forever, that give them the skills, knowledge and support they need to leave homelessness behind for good