Every January is ‘Clean Up Your Computer Month‘, when we’re encouraged to tidy up and organise our computers and devices.
Take a look at your laptops, keyboards, and desk spaces – if they could do with a wipe or a tidy then this is the perfect time! Make sure you check and dust any fans too. You could also take a look at your computer files and programmes and delete the ones you don’t need or use. If it was really clogged up, the extra space may improve your computer’s performance, especially on older devices.
Another great cleanup tip is to look at the icons on your bottom tool bar and desktop and think about which ones you do, or don’t, use most often. Click and drag them into groups or an order that makes them easier to use.
Here’s some other simple housekeeping you can do to clean up your computer and keep it safe:
- Think about setting up Parental Controls for when the kids are online
- Your computer should have a backup. Ask us about Telitec Cloud storage and keep all your files safe and secure.
- When was the last time you reviewed your passwords? Here’s a list of some you should never use.
- Turn on ‘2-factor authentication’ for your online accounts. It adds a whole extra layer of protection.
- Ask us about Telitec Shield to protect your devices from security threats
- Unfortunately Facebook has had its share of security scares – take control by checking your security settings and taking simple steps like turning on Login Alerts.
Happy New Year, and happy cleaning!